Since Raspberry Pi & Raspbian come out of the UK, the default keyboard may be setup for a UK keyboard. This is a relatively easy fix, just follow my steps below.
- Open your LX Terminal and type in:
- Select Internationalization
- Select Keyboard setup
- Look for your keyboard. If its not there or you don’t know what it is, then just choose one of the generic 101,102, or 104 keyboards.
- If you’re in the US, you’ll want US. Get to Country of Origin for your keyboard by scrolling down to Other
- Select English(US) — There a lots of US types listed here, just select the plain English(US).
- You’ll be brought to the Keyboard Layout menu. Select English(US) again.
- Complete through the other menus, and then go ahead and reboot.
Running into problems? Need more help? Feel free to message me or write it out in the comments below 🙂